Do you often stand in front of the mirror and wish there was something you could do to improve your smile? The British orthodontic society is reporting that the number of adults seeking orthodontic treatment in the UK has risen recently by about 75%.
A beautiful smile is an invaluable social asset. It not only makes you look younger but also boosts your self-esteem and makes you look more attractive. A survey conducted by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry revealed that a staggering 99.7% of the respondents believed that a beautiful smile is a priceless social asset. But while some are born with a Rockstar smile, others are not that lucky. But the good news is that no matter how flawed a smile is, you can still get a picture-perfect, naturally beautiful smile. How? Continue reading to find out.
How can I improve my smile?
Here are some tips that can help you in getting your dream smile:
Oral Hygiene Maintenance
A healthy smile is a beautiful smile. You cannot enjoy a charming and attractive smile without meticulous oral hygiene. Dentists worldwide recommend that you must brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once a day for having those pearly white, perfect teeth! For best results, the British Dental Association recommends that you should use a soft toothbrush and a fluoride-containing toothpaste for either adults or children (be sure to purchase the correct one).
Regular Dental Check-ups
No matter how meticulous you are in brushing and flossing, your oral hygiene routine is incomplete without regular checkups. Your dentist can diagnose dental problems well before they are even visible to the naked eye, not only saving you from huge expenditures on treatment but also ensuring that you retain a beautiful smile throughout life.
Whether it is about restoring chipped or crooked teeth, restoring the balance between your upper lips and the size of your teeth, teeth whitening, or replacing missing natural teeth, cosmetic dentistry has the solution to all your aesthetic problems.
- Veneers – a veneer is a thin shell of porcelain that is bonded the front teeth surfaces to restore tooth shape, function and aesthetics. Dental veneers are useful for the correction of the following cosmetic problems:
- Chipped or fractured teeth.
- Teeth with permanent stains
- Cosmetic correction of excessive teeth gaps
- Correction of mild tooth misalignment
- Crowns – porcelain crowns are often referred to as a ‘cap’- they are shaped structures that are placed over the entire visible structure of a tooth. They are not only used for restoring tooth aesthetics but are also used reinforcing weakened teeth, owing to their excellent strength and durability. You can benefit from porcelain crowns in the following situations:
- Grossly damaged teeth that cannot be restored with fillings
- To mask permanent teeth stains
- To restore the structure of chipped or fractured teeth
- If you are not satisfied with the shape or size of your teeth, your cosmetic dentist will give you crowns to cosmetically reshape them and restore your smile.
- To reinforce weakened teeth
- To reinforce teeth that become brittle following a root canal procedure.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants are by far the most aesthetically pleasing, functionally efficient and durable option for replacing missing natural teeth. An implant is a screw-shaped metallic fixture that is inserted into the jawbone, and it serves as the replacement root. Once the implant has become completely embedded within the bone, a suitable prosthesis such as a porcelain crown, bridge or a removable denture is then placed over it to restore the artificial tooth. Dental implants look, feel, and function just like natural teeth. If you shy away for smiling in public because of your missing teeth, then dental implants may be the best option for restoring your facial aesthetics and smile.
Perfect teeth alignment
Do you want to get rid of your misaligned and crooked teeth, but the thought of wearing those ugly metal braces is a deal-breaker for you? Don’t worry; you can still get a set of perfectly aligned teeth with Invisalign removable aligners. Invisalign is an orthodontic system based on the use of removable aligners. The aligners are designed from a special transparent acrylic material that makes them virtually invisible. Also, the Invisalign aligners are more comfortable and convenient in comparison to the conventional metal braces as they allow you to eat all your favorite foods and maintain optimal oral hygiene.
A beautiful smile not only makes you look gorgeous, but it can also bring joy and smiles to so many other faces! So, what’s stopping you? Book an appointment your cosmetic dentist today and impress your loved ones with your brand-new smile.
How much does a perfect smile cost?
The cost will always vary depending on exactly what treatment is required, So it’s very difficult to say exactly. Here are a few examples:
- Teeth whitening – to get perfect white teeth £395
- Composite bonding – to restore broken down teeth or reshaped teeth, from £250
- Orthodontic treatment with 6 month smiles – from £3600
Many dental practices offer interest-free finance making treatments affordable and a monthly basis.